(Yes, Hawaii Five-0 is on TV right now…)
Last night I made greek stuffed peppers and they were DEE-licious. And now I want to share the recipe with you wonderful people, because I want you all to try it sometime and tell me what you think. I actually made this one up myself.
First, you’re going to need the following:
1. 1 lb. lean ground turkey (I use Jennie O’s)
2. 1 package Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice– Garlic and Butter flavor
3. 2 sliced roma tomatoes (preferred) or 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
4. 1 6-oz. tub fat free feta cheese, crumbled (I used President)
5. 1 small can black olives (or kalamata olives if you’re feeling extra greek)
6. 6 large peppers, tops cut off and peppers carved out
7. Olive oil
Sort of like this:
And then you’re going to put it all together:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Brown ground turkey and drain the excess liquid
3. Heat the rice in the microwave (which conveniently only takes 90 seconds. It’s the little things in life…)
4. Mix in a big bowl the meat, rice, tomatoes, olives, and 1/2-1 tbsp basil (just depending on your taste)
5. Add feta and stir again until just mixed (you don’t want all the feta to fall apart!
6. Place peppers open-face up in a glass dish and fill with mixture. If the peppers don’t stay upright you can always slice a thin layer off the bottom until they do.
7. Drizzle olive oil over the top of each stuffed pepper
8. Put peppers in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until the peppers are softer and a little wrinkly.
And voila! So yummy, so filling, and healthy.
When I made this last night and used the small peppers, I sauteed them in the frying pan and mixed them in with the meat and other ingredients. It was more of a hot dish… like this:
Good news is I had enough to take some to work for dinner tonight… and two other nights this week. I am not complaining.
And now it’s time for…..
50 Full Crunches (lay flat on back, crunch where knees and elbows meet in the middle)
10 Horizontal Scissors (lay flat on back, legs straight and 6-12 inches off of ground, move legs from ankles-touching to more than shoulder-width apart)
10 Flutter Kicks (opposite of scissors, vertical)
10 Horizontal Scissors
10 Flutter Kicks
10 Horizontal Scissors
If you can do it 3 times, do it! If not, work your way up, or rest a little bit in between exercises and build up each time you do it. I believe in you! Try to get your three sets in while your peppers are cooking. What else are you going to do, sit here and read my blog?
Good Things 🙂